PSImining - control system for mines
The digital mine is the guideline for the development of PSImining which is tailored to the needs of the mining industry. It is based on the policy "Digital Factory" of the "Verein Deutscher Ingenieure" (VDI), created in the framework of the "Digital Factory".
PSImining is an integrated solution with functions for monitoring, control, automation and job scheduling (workforce management) in one system. Therfore all topics of the "Digital Factory" are covered:
- a common database to reduce redundant data,
- the standardization of processes, resources and equipment,
- the possibility to manage tasks, compentences and responsibility over process chains,
- to realize automation above the machines and station levels.
Result is an unprecedented degree of transparency of events and processes, coupled with a significant improvement in efficiency and productivity.
A variety of todays individuallly installed subsystems are integrated into PSImining. Therefore, the following advantages for the operation and maintenance system can be achieved:
- consistent and comprehensive care and maintenance of data,
- Representation of cross-references and process-related dependency of data,
- cross-subsystem support for events and alarm conditions,
- Analysis and reporting of all relevant processes for the operational management of the company,
- Support and enforcement of operational planning for the operation, care and maintenance (integrated MES)
- Automation of processes over machinery and station borders,
- Records and hierarchical filtering of all actions and events during the operational period (reduction of messages).
The SCADA system PSImining visualizes, monitors, controls and manages equipment, machinery, production equipment, and other resources (personnel). The core system covers the following areas:
- Monitoring and controlling of equipmentforthemining of coal(shearer, plough, shields, sprinklers)
- Degradation andcoal layer visualitionwith representations ofproduct quality, shearer position, heightsand pressuresof shields
- Monitoring of allfacilitiesfor the security andinfrastructure(electricity, water, pressure, compressed air, gasconcentration),
- Monitoring, control and optimization of conveyors, beltsandbunkers,
- Detection, classificationandevaluationof downtimeformachinery and transport equipment,
- Geographicaloverview withlocation-basedrepresentation of people, machinery, transportation equipmentandmaterials,
- Trackingof people andtransport vehicles,
- Generation and monitoringofoperational metrics(KPI)
- Event-controlled displayof video signalsforthe control room staff.